Skip to content

Need Petitioner/Respondent Case Party Types for Family Law Cases

Suggestion: We practice family law and our case party types are primarily petitioner and respondent. You only provide plaintiff and defendant as for civil cases. Please add petitioner and respondent options.

Response: Unfortunately, those options are provided by the clerk of court for each jurisdictions and we have no choice in the matter. We display the choices provided by the clerk via eFileTexas. Some clerks prove these options: Plaintiff/Petitioner and Defendant/Respondent.

To get this changed in your jurisdiction you need to provide the feedback to your clerk of court.

Feedback and Knowledge Base